Gas Detection Technicians – Edmonton/Calgary
Job location: Edmonton/Calgary, AB/ Regina,SK
Since 1987, Multigas Detection and Reltech Drives & Controlshave supplied our clients in Western Canada with gas detection sales, service, installations, commissioning, and calibrations. In addition, VFD sales, start ups, parts & service, and maintenance. Driven by core values of teamwork, integrity, performance, learning, and our customers, we are always looking for people who share these values to join our team
Job location: Edmonton, AB/ Calgary, AB
Title: Field Technician – In this position, you will be servicing, calibrating, repairing, performing preventative maintenance, and programming various gas detection devices. You will represent the company by serving as the direct customer contact and responsible for calibrating and/or servicing equipment on assigned jobs. Also ensuring customer is satisfied by diagnosing, repairing detection equipment at customer’s location. Coordinate with dispatcher and customer to precisely understand requirements for on-site calibrations, repairs, or installations.
What you will provide (skills/responsibilities):
- A proactive work ethic.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Laptop, Smartphone, iPad).
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
- Analytical skills.
- Keep current on all products we sell and service.
- Continually comply to safety standards and maintain security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Display team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- Low voltage Building Automation or PLC controls experience a plus.
- HVAC/Controls experience is a plus.
- Any related technical field experience is a plus.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd year electrician apprentices is a plus
What the company provides:
- Competitive wages and bonus program
- Excellent Benefit Package
- Referral Incentive Program
- Company vehicle
- On the job training
- A commitment to your personal, financial, and professional goals.